Friday, October 31, 2014

Observation Post 10/31

Observation Post
Weeks of 10/20 & 10/27

The majority of my observations were made at around 5:30 in the morning. They were done in a moderate temperature. The sky on some days was clear while other days were cloudy. I did my observations at my home, and on my way to school. On the days with the cloudy sky no observations could have been made. One weekend I was in Orlando and observed the sky, which was mostly clear, at different times from midnight to 2 am. In Orlando at this time I observed what I believe is the milky way galaxy, as it seemed like dust in the sky. I also observed numerous stars, but no recognizable constellations other than Scorpius and what I believe to be the Summer Triangle. On the other clear days, multiple observations were made. I observed the infamous Orion yet again, but no other winter constellations were recognizable. I also observed three different moon phases, which includes a waning gibbous, a waning crescent, and a waxing crescent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment