Friday, November 21, 2014

Observation Post 11/21

Observation Post
Week of 11/17

The majority of my observations were made at around 8:00 at night and at 5:30 in the morning. They were done in a moderate to cold temperature. The sky on some days was clear while other days were cloudy. I did my observations at home, and on my way to school. On the days with the cloudy sky no observations could have been made. On the days that were not cloudy I observed multiple things. On some nights, the night was either a fifth or sixth magnitude sky. I was also able to distinguish the directions based upon the constellations. I also observed the Winged Horse, Pegasus, via the Great Square. I also observed the Summer Triangle, and was able to distinguish between the three constellations: Aquila, Lyra, and Cygnus. Finally I observed Antares, which I located relevant to the Summer Triangle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment