Friday, May 22, 2015

APOD 4.3

April 11 2015
Venus in the West

This picture appealed to me because it is something realistic. The majority of pictures posted on APOD are spectral images, or images from a satellite. Basically these are images that I myself could not obtain on my own. This is one of the few images that I would be able to obtain on my own. This picture shows a sunset that is present in the forest with Venus shining in the west. The comments underneath the picture state that in the coming days Venus will shine near the western horizon at sunset. On April 11, Venus was very close to the Pleiades star cluster which is located in the constellation of Taurus, the Bull. The comments end by stating that the branches to the left of Venus are Aldebaran and the V-shaped Hyades star cluster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment